Why do we love Christmas & New Year so much? Could it be the joyful decorations, the snow, the presents, or the time we get to spend with family and friends? Or, could it be the food? Yes, the food. It could quite possibly be the food. Very often, Christmas and New Year parties provide high-calorie foods and drinks that are hard to resist. If you are finding it difficult to fit in your little black dress after the party season, don’t worry, help is here! With a few simple exercises, you can shed the extra fat around your waist after the year-end parties.
Crunches is the number one fastest fat-burning exercise, especially for belly fat. Perform this simple exercise with the below instructions.
- Lie on your back on a mat with your knees bent and feet flat.
- Lift your hands and place them behind your head.
- Inhale deeply, and as you lift your upper torso off the floor, exhale.
- Inhale again as you get back down, and exhale as you come up.
- Do this for 10 times as a beginner.
- Repeat another two to three sets.
After you get used to the regular crunches, you could modify it to get an even more effective tummy exercise.
How to do it:
- Lie down on a mat with your hands behind your head.
- Bend your knees and keep your feet on the floor.
- Lift just your right shoulder towards the left, keeping the left side of your torso on the ground.
- Again, lift your left shoulder towards the right, keeping the right side of your torso on the ground.
- Repeat 10 times.
All you need for this exercise is a chair.
How to do it:
- Sit on the chair with your spine straight and shoulders relaxed.
- Keep both hands beside you with your palms by the side of your hips, facing downward.
- Inhale deeply.
- As you exhale, bring both your legs upwards such that your knees are close to your chest. Hold for five seconds. Don’t bend forward and arch your back.
- Bring down your legs slowly and repeat.
Bending Side To Side:
This is another perfect exercise to reduce belly fat.
- Stand erect with your feet together and keep your hands to the sides.
- Keep your legs grounded, then bend your body to the right as much as possible till you feel a strain on your left waist. Ensure your right hand is on the right hip as you do so, and the left hand is raised upwards. Stay in the position for 15 seconds.
- Return to the original position.
- Now bend to the left, and retain the position for another 15 seconds.
- Slowly, you may increase the holding time to 30 seconds.
To prevent your body from getting used to any fixed workout routine, switch your exercises occasionally. Try running for a change. It is effective for keeping your heart rate up, burning calories, and losing belly fat.
If you really want to lose weight, you need to include an hour of exercise in your daily routine. Plus a healthy and balanced diet, you would be able to fit in your little black dress very soon!
Next up, Valentine’s Day is approaching soon, have you thought about what present to get for your loved one? Check out our V-Day gift guide next Mon from which you will definitely find the perfect gift for your sweetheart.
Thanks for supporting Coin de Papillon! Enjoy 10% off on your order*. Enter Code: BLOG10 at COSME-DE.COM check-out page to enjoy the offer.
*The promotion code is not applicable for promotion, clearance items, and bundle sets.