Everywhere you look you might see advertisements and promotions for rich, oil-based moisturizers for your skin. While these products certainly have their place for dry or mature skins, what if you have an oily skin, and the last thing you need is to add MORE oil to your skin and possibly cause blemishes and breakouts?
Don’t Skip the Moisturizer!
You could be forgiven for thinking that you should just skip the moisturizer all together, but that has its own problems! Luckily, there are excellent moisturizers out there that are oil-free. And you SHOULD moisturize your skin, even if it is oily. The skin is the largest organ in the body, and is actually very clever! A good, oil-free moisturizer, rich in nutrients, has many excellent benefits for your skin, and that includes you, oily-skinned ones too!
Skin Will Over-Compensate
When our skin is oily and we skip the moisturizer, our skin tries to help us out by creating MORE of its very own moisturizer from our sebaceous (oil) glands. When this happens, this extra oil gets trapped in our pores, and is exacerbated with the addition of makeup and daily pollution, causing those very breakouts we are trying to avoid!
By applying an oil-free moisturizer, you help balance your skin by providing enough hydration to prevent your skin from drying out. And even if you are young and your skin is oily, it still needs hydration to prevent aging and loss of collagen.
So, opt for one of these fantastic oil-free moisturizers to keep skin hydrated, comfortable, clear and youthful!
Try some of these custom-made products for oily skin:
1. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Oil Free SPF 20 UVB/UVA has the added benefit of a skin-enhancing tint for an even-toned, no make-up look. It helps control oil breakthrough with lightweight formula. And adds a soft hint of colour that evens and enhances skin without hiding it.
2. Clinique Anti-Blemish Solution Clearing Moisturizer is gentle and effective. Its light and oil-free formula ensures good absorption of skin. Silky, non-sticky and comfortable skin is resulted after use. The lightweight, soothing formula helps treat existing blemishes, prevent future breakouts, control excess oil.
3. For an oil-free pore-minimizing moisturizer, Kiehl’s Rare Earth Pore Minimizing Lotion contains Amazonian White Clay to help absorb excess sebum and refine the look of pores. Its lightweight, mineral-rich formula helps refine skin texture.
4. A great mask for oily skin is the Eve Lom Rescue Mask – featuring Camphor, Almond and Honey-infused Kaolin Clay, EVE LOM Rescue Mask is the perfect weekly deep clean to keep your complexion in radiant condition. It is also on hand when skin becomes stressed and in need of extra help.
5. Sisley Ecological Compound Day & Night Cream provides a revitalising, moisturising and balancing treatment for all skin types. Infused with a synergistic complex of plant extracts such as Centella Asiatica, Ginseng, Rosemary, Hopsand Horsetail, it is known for its stimulating and revitalising action.
6. For a full oil-control kit, grab yourself the Mario Badescu Acne Control Kit (For Combination and Oily Skin Types).
7. Another great kit comes in the form of the Eminence Clear Skin Starter Set (For Acne Prone Skin).
8. Trilogy Vital Moisturising Cream is a versatile performance moisturizer with a non-greasy texture for all skin types. Provides immediate nourishment and hydration while helping to smooth the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
9. When breakouts are getting you down, try the bareMinerals CORRECTIVES Blemish Remedy Acne Clearing Treatment Serum. The mineral-ignited formulas with botanical extracts and high-performance ingredients reduce the appearance of pimples and blemishes while accelerating wound healing.
10. Origins Super Spot Remover Acne Treatment Gel contains blemish-busting Salicylic Acid which can instantly help speed healing while anti-spot technology helps visibly correct post pimple darkening. Skin-calming Caffeine and Red Algae help visibly relieve irritating redness.
Never despair about your skin, as there are fabulous products out there just perfect for you. Clear, gorgeous skin is totally within your reach, beautiful ones!
Coming Up Next
And on that note, did you know there are loads of products in your kitchen that you can use as part of your beauty routine? Stick around, because in my next post we’ll go through some DIY beauty methods. I LOVE a bit of DIY, so don’t forget to join me!